We are so accustomed to the Chinese government’s lack of transparency that the opaqueness of China’s overseas loans seems unremarkable at this point. But as we face what inevitably looks like a global debt crisis, one that is likely to hit low-income countries particularly hard, a clear accounting of the scale of the problem is critical.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove Coronavirus Preparedness & Response filter Coronavirus Preparedness & Response
- (-) Remove COVID: Response and Recovery Financing filter COVID: Response and Recovery Financing
- (-) Remove Chinese Development Policy filter Chinese Development Policy
- (-) Remove April 7, 2020 filter April 7, 2020
April 7, 2020