What would it look like today if major multilateral finance institutions like the World Bank had never adopted the climate agenda as a binding constraint on their operations? Unfortunately, we have a real-world approximation of that hypothetical in the form of Chinese development finance. At least, that’s a conclusion I draw from an important new report from World Resources Institute (WRI) and Boston University, Moving the Green Belt and Road Initiative: From Words to Actions.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Scott Morris filter Scott Morris
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove International Financial Institutions filter International Financial Institutions
- (-) Remove Climate Finance filter Climate Finance
- (-) Remove Chinese Development Policy filter Chinese Development Policy
November 8, 2018