Last week DFC announced that it signed a framework agreement with the government of Ecuador to refinance up to $3.5 billion of the country’s external debt to China. In exchange, according to reporting by the Financial Times, the Ecuadorian government will commit to exclude Chinese companies from its telecom networks.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Scott Morris filter Scott Morris
- (-) Remove Clemence Landers filter Clemence Landers
- (-) Remove January 2021 filter January 2021
- (-) Remove Latin America Initiative filter Latin America Initiative
- (-) Remove US International Development Finance Corporation (formerly OPIC) filter US International Development Finance Corporation (formerly OPIC)
January 19, 2021