June 13, 2017
- Achieving climate stability requires conservation of tropical forests.
- Protecting tropical forests could lower the overall costs and accelerate the achievement of global climate stability.
- Forests generate many non-climate goods and services that are essential to meeting sustainable development goals.
- Advances in technology have made stopping forest loss feasible.
- Rich countries and international organizations should act now to scale up REDD+ payment-for-performance agreements.
Rights & Permissions
You may use and disseminate CGD’s publications under these conditions.