Watch the event (English version):
Watch the event (French version):
At the first-ever Girl Summit last year in London, governments, organizations, and advocates from around the world promised to end child marriage globally. The U.S. joined other governments in pledging to step up efforts.
ONE YEAR LATER, WHERE DO WE STAND?
Please join us for a discussion of new research and promising practices to prevent child, early, and forced marriage.
- Catherine Russell, Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Department of State
- Nancy Birdsall, President, Center for Global Development and Introduction of High-Level Panel
- Françoise Girard, President, International Women's Health Coalition
- Rachel Vogelstein, Director, Women and Foreign Policy Program, Council on Foreign Relations
- Susan Markham, Senior Coordinator for Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment, USAID
- Dana Hyde, Chief Executive Officer, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Carrie Hessler-Radelet, Director, Peace Corps
Panel 1: Emerging research from the field - what have we learned in the past year?
Moderator: Daniella Ligiero, PhD - Vice President of Girls and Women Strategy, United Nations Foundation
- Nisha Varia - Advocacy Director, Women's Rights Division, Human Rights Watch
- Suzanne Petroni, PhD - Senior Director of Gender, Population and Development, International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)
- Sike Bille - Founder, Association for the Struggle Against Violence Against Women - Extreme North, Cameroon (ALVF-EN)
- Jacqueline Hart, PhD - Vice President for Strategic Learning, Research and Evaluation, American Jewish World Service (AJWS)
Panel 2: Voices from the field- effective programming to end CEFM
Moderator: Doris Bartel - Senior Director, Gender and Empowerment Unit, CARE USA
- Danedjo Hadidja - President, Association for the Promotion of Autonomy and the Rights of Young Girls and Women, Cameroon (APAD)
- Sajeda Amin, PhD - Senior Associate, Population Council
- Giovanna Lauro, PhD - Deputy Director of International Programs, Promundo-US