- Peter Mullins, Tax Policy Expert and former IMF Deputy Division Chief
- Alex Cobham, Chief Executive, Tax Justice Network
- Antonia Strachey, International Tax Policy Advisor, Foreign and Commonwealth and Development Office
- Ben Dickinson, Head of Global Relations and Development Division, OECD Centre for Tax Policy and Administration
- Susana Ruiz, Tax Justice Policy Lead, Oxfam
- Sanjeev Gupta, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
Developed and developing countries are challenged by aggressive tax planning by multinational enterprises (MNEs), with low-income countries especially vulnerable due to limited capacity to administer international tax rules and to monitor MNEs. A further challenge is the taxation of the growing digital economy, which seamlessly operates across borders. While major international tax initiatives, such as the G20-OECD BEPS project are seeking to address these challenges, there is a question as to whether the measures proposed are practical for developing countries. This event will consider how developing countries can respond to the international tax challenges, and which measures may be appropriate for such countries.
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to email@example.com, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.