This event will feature a Prize Award Announcement for USAID’s Intelligent Forecasting Competition.
Providing patients/end customers with high-quality medicines and health products in a timely and cost-effective manner requires well-functioning supply chains. Poor forecast accuracy impedes many improvement efforts for healthcare supply chain. More accurate demand forecasts using new predictive analytics & machine learning tools can help reduce stockouts and minimize waste/expiry. They can also reduce the time spent by clinic level healthcare workers in forecasting and ordering, freeing them to focus on improving other aspects of care delivery.
This event brings together senior global health leaders and a group of experts to discuss the latest efforts in bringing advanced analytics to improve demand forecasting in healthcare supply chains. Winners of a recent intelligent forecasting competition will also be announced at the event.
- Mamadou Samba, Director General, Ministère de la Sante et de l'Hygiene Publique de Côte d'Ivoire
- Alma Crumm Golden, Assistant Administrator for the Bureau for Global Health, USAID
- Alessandro de Luca, Chief Information Officer, Merck Healthcare, MerckGroup
- Ramatu Abdulkadir, Executive Secretary, Kaduna State Health Supplies Management Agency, Nigeria
- Glenn Milano, Senior Forecasting Lead, Office of Population and Reproductive Health, USAID
- Prashant Yadav, Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development