With rigorous economic research and practical policy solutions, we focus on the issues and institutions that are critical to global development. Explore our core themes and topics to learn more about our work.
In timely and incisive analysis, our experts parse the latest development news and devise practical solutions to new and emerging challenges. Our events convene the top thinkers and doers in global development.
• Ayhan Kose, Director, Prospects Group, World Bank
• Kimberly Elliott, Nonresident Fellow, Center for Global Development and Visiting Scholar, George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy
• Sean Nolan, Deputy Director, Strategy, Policy and Review Department, International Monetary Fund
• Liliana Rojas-Suarez, Senior Fellow and Director of the Latin America Initiative, Center for Global Development
• Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
Following a year during which the global economy registered its weakest performance of the past decade, global growth is expected to recover slightly in 2020. However, the global economy is confronted by numerous risks, including trade tensions, financial stress, and geopolitical concerns. The materialization of these risks would test the ability of policymakers to respond effectively to negative events. Associated policy challenges are compounded by high debt levels and subdued productivity growth in emerging and developing economies. Policymakers in these economies need to rebuild macroeconomic policy space to enhance resilience and pursue decisive structural reforms.
Registration opens at 9:00 am and we will have coffee and a light breakfast available.