- Elizabeth Meyo, Commissioner, Kenya Revenue Authority
- Grace Muzila, Secretary for Development and Budget, Botswana
- Kenneth Mugambe, Director, Budget, Ministry of Finance, Uganda
- Larry McDonald, Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Dept. of Treasury
- Manal Fouad, Division Chief, Fiscal Affairs Department, IMF
- Sanjeev Gupta, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
ABOUT THE EVENT
The COVID-19 pandemic is having a major impact on economic output and public finances of countries in sub-Saharan Africa. At the same time, fiscal policy is being deployed to mitigate the pandemic’s overall impact, promote recovery and shield the most vulnerable population groups. This webinar will focus on fiscal challenges posed by the pandemic, how different governments are responding to those challenges, and how governments and providers of technical assistance are working to sustain development of human and institutional capacity.