- Carla Montesi, Director, Green Deal & Digital Agenda, Directorate-General for International Partnerships, European Commission
- Njuguna Ndung’u, Executive Director, African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
- Roberta Lusardi, Head of EU Stakeholders and Communications, Enel Group
- Mikaela Gavas, Co-Director of Development Cooperation in Europe and Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Simone Tagliapietra, Senior Fellow, Bruegel
ABOUT THE EVENT
In December 2019, the European Commission put forward a package of policy initiatives – The EU Green Deal – with the overarching aim of making Europe climate neutral in 2050. The EU Green Deal puts sustainability at the heart of the EU agenda, both in Europe and in the world. But what does this mean for the EU’s partner countries? How can the EU align its development efforts with the external dimension of the EU Green Deal? How can the EU support the green transition in partner countries and at the same time ensure impact on human development?
Co-hosted by the Center for Global Development and Bruegel, this event will take you on a thought-provoking journey to explore the role of EU development finance in addressing climate change and delivering development impact in partner countries.