This panel was part of the SID-W 2020 Annual Conference and features CGD president Masood Ahmed.
Bilateral and multilateral development organizations providing a range of economic growth funding have set in motion their emergency response capacities to support countries during the COVID-19 pandemic. This panel will focus beyond the immediate response on approaches to economic growth and trade to help low and middle-income countries recover economically and, even possibly, thrive in the “new normal.” Bilateral and multilateral development organizations from across the world will discuss how they are working with local governments to deliver impactful trade and economic growth support in the “new normal” created by COVID-19.
- Masood Ahmed - President, Center for Global Development
- Jennifer Adams - Mozambique Mission Director, USAID
- Anabel Gonzalez - Nonresident Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Vasken Khabayan - Director of International Economic Relations and Strategy, Global Affairs Canada
- Gail Warrander - Economic Development Team Leader, Nigeria, UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office