- Masood Ahmed, President, Center for Global Development
- Eric Parrado, Chief Economist and General Manager, Inter-American Development Bank Research Department
- Andrew Powell, Principal Advisor, Inter-American Development Bank Research Department
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez, Director of the Latin America Initiative and Senior Fellow, Center for Global Development
- Alberto Carrasquilla, Minister of Finance and Public Credit, Colombia
- Alexandre Tombini, Chief Representative for the Americas, Bank for International Settlements and former Governor, Central Bank of Brazil
ABOUT THE EVENT
COVID-19 has taken a large toll on lives and on economies in Latin America and the Caribbean and it is far from over. The deep recession and the serious income losses for families and firms may bring significant challenges for financial systems. As a result, good policies will be critical to navigate the coming months. What are the best policies to avoid widespread problems for banks and to ensure they can play a constructive role in the economic recovery? Join us for the launch of the CGD-IDB Working Group report “Sound Banks for Healthy Economies: Challenges for Policymakers in Latin America and the Caribbean in Times of Coronavirus” that delineates the main policy options, trade-offs and recommendations for policymakers regarding the region’s financial system.
The event will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and English
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to email@example.com, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.