- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Former President, Republic of Liberia
- W. Gyude Moore, Senior Policy Fellow, CGD
- Dr. Dan Honig, Professor of Public Policy, University College London
- Bunmi Otegbade, Senior Director, Ashoka
- Caren Wakoli, Founder, Emerging Leaders Foundation and Interim Executive Director, Emerging Public Leaders
- Amanda Glassman, Executive Vice President and Senior Fellow, CGD
- Dr. Amaney Jamal, Dean, Princeton School of Public and International Affairs
- Cindy Huang, Senior Fellow, CGD
- Betsy Williams, Founder and Co-chair, Emerging Public Leaders
Additional speakers to be announced
This event is co-hosted by the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs and Emerging Public Leaders.
The Center for Global Development, Emerging Public Leaders, and the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs invite you to join Accelerating Public Service Leadership in Africa: The Next generation of US-Africa Opportunities for Education, Training, and Professional Development, an event being held on the margins of the US-Africa Leaders Summit.
This event will explore collaboration between African and US institutions in the areas of education, training, and professional development to accelerate public service leadership in Africa. While there are longstanding US-Africa education and exchange programs, now is the time to develop new models and partnerships that reflect the centrality of Africa to the future of global demographics and development. Panelists and participants will discuss the range of formal programs, such as recruiting African leaders to attend US public policy programs, as well as short-term institutes, workshops, and fellowships. Building on the experience and lessons learned from existing programs, participants will also explore new and emerging models that promote public service in Africa and enduring partnerships between US and Africa leaders across academia, government, and non-governmental organizations.
This will be a hybrid event held at CGD’s Washington D.C. office located at 2055 L St. NW Ste. 500, Washington DC 20036 and live streamed on YouTube.