Recently CGD hosted the Second Annual Birdsall House Conference on Women, which focused on beyond-aid approaches for women’s economic empowerment, with particular emphasis on private sector engagement. CGD experts have written about how international organizations and national agencies should examine and correct gender biases in the design and delivery of their strategies for financial inclusion. But while public sector interventions are crucial for promoting women’s economic empowerment, the panelists pointed out that the private sector is in many ways better equipped to provide opportunities for women to grow their businesses, investments, and incomes. Here’s our takeaway.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Microfinance filter Microfinance
- (-) Remove Gender and Equality filter Gender and Equality
- (-) Remove 2016 filter 2016
- (-) Remove The Birdsall House Conference Series on Women filter The Birdsall House Conference Series on Women
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
November 14, 2016