Every MDB is now confronted with the question of what to do with middle-income countries, given the need to focus on the Sustainable Development Goals in general, but very concretely on goal #1—poverty eradication—which will be difficult to achieve based on recent trends. MDBs are very important for MICs, but at the same time MICs are vital for MDBs. This is essentially a two-way relationship. Without MICs, MDBs will be less innovative, will have less knowledge and, importantly, will require more capital from shareholders. I will explain why I believe so in this short note.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) filter Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove Mauricio Cárdenas filter Mauricio Cárdenas
- (-) Remove October 22, 2019 filter October 22, 2019
- (-) Remove International Financial Institutions filter International Financial Institutions
October 22, 2019