DFIs are well positioned to address five pressure points in the COVID-19 response that need financing. Let’s unpack these one by one.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove Coronavirus Preparedness & Response filter Coronavirus Preparedness & Response
- (-) Remove 2020 filter 2020
- (-) Remove International Financial Institutions filter International Financial Institutions
- (-) Remove Clemence Landers filter Clemence Landers
April 23, 2020
April 16, 2020
Revisiting HIPC as Part of the COVID-19 Response: How did Commercial Debt Relief for Poorest Countries Work Last Time?
The G20 is calling on commercial creditors to follow their lead and extend a moratorium on their debt. But if past is precedent external commercial debt could be shaping up to be major fault line in the debt relief process moving forward.