On Friday evening, the governors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) selected a new president: British civil servant Sir Suma Chakrabarti. The decision is important because the EBRD has recently taken on a major global challenge: assisting the countries of the Arab Spring. It also matters because the selection process raised the bar for open, transparent and merit-based leadership selection at other international institutions, including the World Bank, IMF and the other regional development banks.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Nancy Birdsall filter Nancy Birdsall
- (-) Remove 2012 filter 2012
- (-) Remove International Financial Institutions filter International Financial Institutions
- (-) Remove International Institutions filter International Institutions
- (-) Remove European Development Policy filter European Development Policy
May 21, 2012