In a world with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the international investment policy system stands as an obsolete regime in urgent need of revision and reform. This is the main conclusion of the analysis that the think tank CIECODE conducted for CGD’s 2017 Commitment to Development Index (CDI). The analysis measures the amount of “sustainable development content” included in International Investment Agreements (IIAs) signed between developing and developed countries. Here, we look at best practices, main issues and which countries could do better.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Anita Käppeli filter Anita Käppeli
- (-) Remove 2018 filter 2018
- (-) Remove European Development Policy filter European Development Policy
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) filter Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
January 18, 2018