This week, CGD hosted a discussion with Philippe Le Houérou, the CEO of IFC, the private sector arm of the World Bank. He was enthusiastic about his institution’s role in leveraging private capital and getting from billions to trillions of dollars for development, but he also presented a nuanced and critical judgment about the limitations of the IFC model to date, pointing to a number of ways it needs to change.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Scott Morris filter Scott Morris
- (-) Remove Sustainable Development Finance filter Sustainable Development Finance
- (-) Remove International Financial Institutions filter International Financial Institutions
- (-) Remove International Institutions filter International Institutions
- (-) Remove 2017 filter 2017
February 10, 2017