In retrospect, the scale up in MDB financing during the 2008-2010 crisis, though significant, now looks conservative as we consider the potential scale of damage from the current COVID-19 pandemic. To put the question bluntly, if the human and economic devastation follows a worst-case scenario, just how much could the MDBs do to respond? We attempt to answer that question by assessing the legal, rather than prudential, constraints on MDB lending.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove Scott Morris filter Scott Morris
- (-) Remove Clemence Landers filter Clemence Landers
- (-) Remove Multilateral Development Institutions filter Multilateral Development Institutions
- (-) Remove Coronavirus Preparedness & Response filter Coronavirus Preparedness & Response
- (-) Remove 07:06 filter 07:06
March 26, 2020