How can the world find realistic, workable solutions to bridge the divide between humanitarian response and development assistance? This question was front and center at a high-level discussion, co-hosted by CGD and the International Rescue Committee (IRC), in the run up to last week’s Spring Meetings. The event marked the launch of a new CGD-IRC report, which puts forth one emerging solution to the refugee crisis—compact agreements between host governments and development and humanitarian actors. The discussion featured three global leaders on the frontline of today’s displacement challenge: Jordan’s Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Imad Fakhoury, World Bank CEO Kristalina Georgieva, and IRC President and CEO David Miliband. Here are three takeaways.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove 2017 filter 2017
- (-) Remove Technology and Development filter Technology and Development
- (-) Remove Janeen Madan Keller filter Janeen Madan Keller
- (-) Remove May 2017 filter May 2017
- (-) Remove Migration, Displacement, and Humanitarian Policy filter Migration, Displacement, and Humanitarian Policy
May 1, 2017