The state of Rajasthan in north India has become the digital frontier, with a program that registers all family members under a single identity document known as the “Bhamashah Card,” but it still has to overcome significant challenges of poverty and inequality. In a state that is similar in size and population to Germany, it is no small achievement to take on the ambitious task of providing each family with a unique ID and deliver it within a short span of three years.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove 2017 filter 2017
- (-) Remove Technology and Development filter Technology and Development
- (-) Remove Anit Mukherjee filter Anit Mukherjee
- (-) Remove Promoting Women's Economic Empowerment filter Promoting Women's Economic Empowerment
- (-) Remove Digital Payments and Service Delivery filter Digital Payments and Service Delivery
July 10, 2017