When the post-2015 process kicked off, I was regularly asked what the new MDGs should include. My response almost always raised eyebrows. I’d say “whatever ordinary people want them to be” and that decision makers should ask them (not people like me). Not highly choreographed ‘consultations’ with interest groups and stakeholder representatives. No, that’s far too old school and distortionary. Instead, those coming up with new global goals should just ask ordinary people about their priorities through open-ended, representative surveys.
CGD Policy Blogs
- (-) Remove 2013 filter 2013
- (-) Remove November 2013 filter November 2013
- (-) Remove Aid Effectiveness filter Aid Effectiveness
- (-) Remove Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) filter Strengthening the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- (-) Remove November 25, 2013 filter November 25, 2013
November 25, 2013