- MODERATOR: Mikaela Gavas, Director of Development Cooperation in Europe & Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development Europe
- Femi Adeyemo, Founder & CEO, Arnergy
- Muhammed Sayed, Climate Change Specialist, Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Roland Siller, CEO, DEG – Deutsche Investitions- und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH
- Soren Andreasen, General Manager, PrevN
This is an external event hosted by the Association of European Development Finance Institutions (EDFI) at the European Development Days and features CGD expert Mikaela Gavas.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition by Unlocking Entrepreneurs’ Potential
We will focus on the leading role that the EU can play in supporting the countries in greatest need and how it can help to deal with the economic transformation required for the green transition.
Areas of discussion will include:
- Environments to mobilise more private capital in green finance
- Strengthening the resilience of communities, businesses and people to the effects of climate change through financing instruments
- How green finance can empower societies, especially in least developed and fragile countries
- Global goals vs. actual delivery
- The catalytic role of development finance in accelerating sustainable energy markets
- Challenges and opportunities in advancing clean energy markets within developing countries
For further information please visit the European Development Days website.
WATCH THE EVENT