- Ambassador Bonnie Jenkins, Founder, and Executive Director, Women of Color Advancing Peace, Security and Conflict Transformation (WCAPS)
- Jason Bair, Director, International Affairs and Trade, U.S. Government Accountability Office
- Erin Brown, Chapter President, USAID Chapter of Blacks in Government; Senior Management Analyst, USAID Bureau for Management, Office of Management Policy, Budget and Performance
- Dr. Clifton Kenon, Diversity and Inclusion Division Chief, USAID Office of Civil Rights and Diversity
- Megan O’Donnell, Assistant Director, CGD Gender Program and Senior Policy Analyst
- Gabrielle Gueye, Co-Chair, WCAPS Young Ambassador Program; Private Sector Engagement and Impact Investing Coordinator, Catholic Relief Services
ABOUT THE EVENT
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) recently released a new report assessing progress toward increased staff diversity at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Please join Women of Color Advancing Peace and Security (WCAPS) and the Center for Global Development for an event featuring a presentation of GAO's findings as they pertain to USAID's efforts to promote racial and ethnic diversity in its workforce as well as remarks from current and former USAID employees, followed by a conversation about how the development community can support further progress.
Police brutality, Black Lives Matter protests, and heightened attention to racial injustice have sparked conversations about the need to improve racial diversity, equity, and inclusion in the United States and globally, including within the international development sector. This event will be the first in a series. In future events, WCAPS and CGD will aim to explore other ways in which international development actors – including service providers, researchers, and advocates – can support and accelerate progress in making our community and approach to development work more equitable and inclusive.
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.
Click here for the Jason Bair presentation "USAID: Mixed Progress in Increasing Diversity, and Actions Needed to Consistently Meet EEO Requirements"