- Megan O’Donnell, Assistant Director, Gender Program and Senior Policy Analyst, Center for Global Development (CGD)
- Bineta Diop, President, Femmes Africa Solidarité and African Union Special Envoy on Women Peace and Security
- Venge Nyirongo, Thematic Lead, Economic Justice and Rights Action Coalition at UN Women
- Yavi Madurai, Executive Director, Pan African Business Women's Association
- Mavis Owusu-Gyamfi, Executive Vice President, African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET)
- Gyude Moore, Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development (CGD)
ABOUT THE EVENT
The African Center for Economic Transformation (ACET) and the Center for Global Development (CGD) are co-hosting this panel discussion on the gendered impacts of the COVID-19 crisis and how to ensure women and girls are not left behind in the path to recovery in Africa. To build back better and ensure a long-term sustainable recovery, gender equality should be at the center of the economic and political response to the crisis.
Megan O’Donnell, Assistant Director, Gender Program and Senior Policy Analyst at CGD will present research from CGD’s COVID-19 Gender and Development Initiative and explore how Africa can promote gender equality in its path to recovery. The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion between African policymakers, gender experts, and private sector representatives.
If you have questions for our panelists, please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @CGDev #CGDTalks, or submit your comments via YouTube.